Contract Crane Lifts
Careful planning plus experience equals zero incidents
MRI can undertake Contract Crane Lifts in a wide variety of situations. Whether it’s a relatively simple lift with one of our HIAB lorries (often at short notice) or a complex multiple lift using a 1200t crane in the heart of The City – we can deliver a safe, bespoke solution.
After a full site survey, our in house Appointed Person will prepare a full Lifting Plan detailing all the procedures, methodology and safe systems of work that will ensure a smooth, trouble free lifting operation.
For a complete Contract Crane Lift package, just give us a call on 01474 354 500
When Order Recieved
Once an order has been received, the Lifting Plan is issued to the client for approval and if necessary we can carry out any preparations required prior to the date of the cranage – unbolting/dismantling equipment, preparation of Landing Areas etc. This saves our clients both time and money and ensures that deadlines are adhered to.
As well as preparing Method Statements, Risk Assessments, CAD drawings and Lifting Plans we also cover every aspect of the lift – this often involves road closures with full chapter 8 traffic and pedestrian management systems in place.
Fully Qualified Operatives
All our operatives are fully experienced and hold all the relevant qualifications and accreditations. Our key personnel have been with us since the beginning – and as a result are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of crane operations.
Every Contract Lift will be supervised by an Appointed Person with our Lift Supervisor ensuring that our team of experienced Slinger/Signalmen are made aware of every aspect of the lift. Nothing is left to chance!
Due to Underground Carparks & Services beneath the streets of congested urban areas such as the City of London present their own particular problems when planning and carrying out a crane lift. Often there is no option other than to site a crane above these voids. Working with structural engineers, MRI can provide an underpropping service which will allow a crane lift to be carried out when otherwise impossible.
Our Contract Crane Lifts services include the following:
We can offer a complete service as part of our Contract Crane Lift Package including –
- A free pre-quotation survey. This will examine the various options available and will take into account any local conditions that may be a factor when it comes to planning the Crane Lift.
- If the Crane is required to be sited on a public road, then MRI will put in the required applications for any full/partial closures to allow the crane operation to be carried out. These applications will include the suspension where required of any parking bays.
- All required environmental applications will also be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
- When public transport may be affected, then MRI will arrange any required bus lane suspensions and bus diversions. Any required traffic light suspensions/relocations will also be arranged.
- A full traffic/pedestrian management drawing will be issued.
- An Appointed Person will prepare and issue a full Lifting Plan with detailed CAD drawings. This Lifting Plan will cover all aspects of the cranage works and is a legal requirement, ensuring that all works are properly planned and managed and that safe systems of works are in place.
- As part of our service, we can plan and organize all deliveries so that the crane operation can be completed as quickly as possible with the minimum of disruption. To help ensure that everything goes smoothly on the day of works, we can take delivery of and store any items that may require lifting – delivering them to site as and when required.
- On the day of works, A secure ‘compound’ will be set up consisting of Heras fencing at ground level. All lifting operations will take place within this ‘exclusion zone’ ensuring no members of the public are put at risk.
- All areas will be fully controlled with traffic and pedestrian marshals.
- MRI will ensure that the crane supplied to carry out the works is suitable for your project.
- As part of our Contract Lifting Service, on the day of works we will supply an Appointed Person, Crane Supervisor and Slinger/Signallers and, if required, a movement crew.
- All required Certified Lifting Equipment including spreader beams etc. will be provided.
- All Crane operations are covered by our insurances.
The benefit to our customers of providing a complete Contract Lift package is that we can ensure that the Crane Lift is properly planned and organized – and that the level of risk is significantly reduced. A Contract Lift package will often reduce costs in real terms.
What people have to say…
Whitelands House, Cheltenham Terrace
Just a note, and I might add a deserved one, of thanks for the work your lads did yesterday at Whitelands House, Chelsea. Efficient and professional are just a couple of words to describe the way the work was done. You can be rightly proud of the way your people represented your company.
Just to let you know that the crane works have been completed here in London, 85 Gresham street. All went as planned, there were no incidents or issues. I just like to say well done to Dave B, Dave G, Andy T, and Darren who helped plan and ensure all works where carried out safely. I would also like to say how well MRI preformed. I would recommend them any day. They were professional , always mindful of noise restrictions, and very respectful of the neighbours.
Premier Inn, Hendon
Thank you for a job well done, again, today at Premier Inn Hendon. Professional and efficient as ever.
Northolt Data Centre, Phase 2 Chiller Crane Lift
Many thanks to you and your team for the forward planning and hard work on the day that ensured today’s plant movement operation was completed in a professional and safe manner. Yet another challenging plant movement operation made to look all too easy by MRI..!
Whitelands House, Cheltenham Terrace
Sorry this is a bit late but just a note again of thanks for a job well done at Whitelands House. I’m told your guys left the place swept, clean and tidy and everything was taken away.
Can I just say a big thank you for the work carried out at Stamford Brook. The guys were great and did the work without any fuss or problems and left the place in pristine condition and both your work it making it happen was very professional and efficient. Thanks again, we’ll definitely use you again when required.
Equinix Chiller Replacement
We would like to thank you for the excellent services you have provided to date at our
Equinix LD4 project.
We have been very impressed with your team’s attitude, professionalism & efficiency.
The project plant movement and craneage operations have been planned and performed to the
We look forward to a long and prosperous working relationship between our two companies.
Mark and Mike
Well done and can you give the boys a big hug, the builder was more than impressed.
Removal of water tanks at Gyron
The works were completed today and the client was happy with how the area was left. I was very impressed by your operatives attitude and professionalism in how they carried out this work, if you could pass on my gratitude for a job well done it would be appreciated. I look forward to using your services in the near future.
Lifting of Pit Lids at Gyron
Yes, all pit lids required were lifted and frames cleaned and greased. We’ve taken information from the pits for future work. Many thanks to you and the guys today. Please pass on my thanks and apologies they had to assemble to A frame as needed. Without doubt, you are on the books now and will definitely be in touch should the need arise.